Virtual IT Director
When it comes to planning and managing your IT, it can be a challenge sourcing and retaining senior staff who have the right mix of knowledge and technical expertise to support top-level strategic thinking. Often due to budgetary, staffing or recruitment constraints, employing a full-time IT Director is not an option. That's where the flexibility of using a "Virtual IT Director" is the perfect solution.
An Adapta “Virtual IT Director” works in partnership with you to provide solutions that address your key challenges, giving access to some of the sector's leading IT specialists to deliver your organisations overall vision and objectives. We provide the same type of support that you would expect delivered by a conventional IT Director or Chief Information Officer.
We offer a broad range of services to the sector, which include:
Information Systems Strategy
- Strategic planning for IS
- Systems, structures & IS management
- IS governance
- Information security review
- Digital strategies
Programme and Project Management
- Governance & decision-making
- Planning & initiation
- Monitoring & reporting progress
- Quality assurance
- Benefits realisation
- Accounting systems
- Digital/web technologies
- Information management
- Fundraising and membership systems
- Requirements analysis
- Supplier selection
- Commercial contract negotiation
Advice and Support
- Governance reviews
- Re-structures and re-organisations
- Recruiting help, job descriptions & selection
- Coaching and mentoring
- Business case development
- Project reviews
- Process improvement
- Supplier management
Initially, we familiarise ourselves with the structure of your organisation, the current IT systems and any issues/challenges you are facing. We work with you to understand the key IT stakeholders and their requirements, as well as the relationships with third party service providers and the contracts and service level agreements in place. We also agree with you at this point suitable reporting and communications methods to ensure that you remain in control of our role at all times.
We tailor our approach to your specific requirements, ensuring that you receive the support that you need; typically, this involves attending regular meetings with you and providing advice and guidance as required.
How we can support you
Our contribution often includes a mix of the following:
- Helping you to develop and agree an IT roadmap that links the plans for IT systems to the needs and objectives of the organisation as a whole (i.e. ensuring that IT delivers real and relevant benefit to the organisation)
- Bringing to you a deep and broad knowledge of technology trends that are likely to be of particular relevance to your organisation (noting in particular our specialist focus on the particular needs and characteristics of the not-for-profit sector)
- Helping you to obtain a firm grasp on IT projects and to ensure that appropriate governance arrangements are in place, so that issues and risks are identified at the earliest possible stage and so that swift and effective action can be taken, where required
- Planning IT budgets with you and ensuring that the level (and type) of resourcing for IT within your organisation is appropriate
- Delivering flexibility – providing you with a level of support that adjusts to the peaks and troughs of IT and project activity
- Bringing with us a set of established methodologies and proven techniques, covering a broad range of activities from project/programme management to budgeting and procurement – drawing on the broad spectrum of specialist skills and experience within Adapta’s team to ensure that your organisation obtains maximum benefit and impact from our help
- Managing the relationship with third-party service providers and helping you to resolve any technical issues that might arise.
Our consultants have all held senior management positions themselves and are able to draw on their extensive experience of strategic planning for IT; supplier management; systems procurement; outsourcing; programme and project management; operational management and issue resolution; business process mapping and improvement; and organisational change. Collectively, Adapta has more than 150 years’ experience in the sector – even more if our team of associates are included.
We resource our engagements in such a way as to ensure that the right skills and experience are available for the individual needs of the organisation concerned. Adapta and all of our consultancy resources would be your Virtual IT Director. You would be assigned a dedicated partner for our engagement with you and a primary contact for our relationship. The partner would expect to attend regular meetings with you, supported where appropriate by other Adapta partners and consultants.