Empower, protect, connect: Elevating your organisation’s impact through effective data guardianship.
About this session
This event is exclusively designed for not-for-profit organisations that are committed to securing their valuable data and ensuring they retain the ongoing trust and confidence of the people that matter to them - whether that means donors, supporters, service users, partners, staff, volunteers or anyone else with an interest in the organisation's work.
Immerse yourself in expert-led sessions on cutting-edge data protection strategies tailored for not-for-profits, techniques for navigating the complex landscape of information security, methods for securing organisation-wide 'buy-in' to compliance activities, and the latest developments in privacy regulations. Connect with like-minded charity leaders, technology experts, and data protection professionals to share insights, challenges and success stories so that you can navigate this increasingly complex field with confidence.
During this session, we will explore topics such as the latest developments in relation to the new UK Data Protection and Digital Information Bill, the latest risks and threats in relation to cyber security, and what all of that might mean for your organisation. As well as covering relevant emerging topics, we will also give consideration to timeless management principles that can help you stay in control, get people engaged (enthusiastic, even!) about the topic, and turn rigorous protection of your data assets into something that clearly benefits the organisation rather than having it feeling like a compliance or risk minimisation burden.
What will attendees gain from attending this session?
- Strategic Insights: Gain expert-led insights into cutting-edge data protection strategies specifically tailored for not-for-profit organisations, equipping your team with strategic knowledge to navigate evolving information security landscapes.
- Legal Compliance: Stay abreast of the latest compliance and privacy regulations, ensuring your organisation’s operations align seamlessly with legal requirements and industry standards, thereby mitigating risks and liabilities.
- Collaborative Networking: Connect with peers, charity leaders, technology experts, and legal professionals to share experiences, challenges, and successes, fostering a collaborative network that extends beyond the event for ongoing support.
- Enhanced Supporter Trust: Equip your team with the latest tools and practices to safeguard supporter data, reinforcing trust and confidence in your organisation’s among supporters and stakeholders.
- Cost-Effective Solutions: Hear about cost-effective yet robust solutions to fortify your organisation against cyber threats, ensuring that resources allocated to your cause have the maximum impact on your mission.
- Skill Development: Empower your team with skill-building opportunities, enabling them to proactively address data protection challenges and contribute effectively to your organisation’s overall success.
- And as always… enjoy all the cake you can eat (fruit and other options are provided also)!
14.00 - Arrival and welcome
Welcome to the event, introductions and overview of the agenda for the afternoon.
14:10 - Data protection and information security – what’s the latest in the sector?
A summary of the current landscape and an update on developments
14:30 - Case studies
Short stories from speakers
Short practical case studies from speakers who have worked their way through
protecting their organisation’s data and making sure it is used correctly/lawfully –
sharing tips they picked up along the way, including what worked well, and what they
would do differently.
Cheryl Hodgson, Risk Controls and Compliance Manager, Motability Foundation
Cheryl will discuss how they have introduced their GDPR strategy into Motability Foundation.
She will share the challenges they encountered, including those that they continue to face,
and the processes they have in place to overcome them.
TEA/COFFEE – opportunity to share learning with peers
Case study 2 - TBC
15:45 - Discussion and feedback
A round table discussion and feedback.
16.30- Review and close
17.00 Adapta Consulting
Who should attend this event?
The session will draw on case studies from the sector and the subsequent discussion will cross the traditional departmental boundaries; so senior managers have been invited from finance, HR, IT, digital, fundraising, marketing and communications disciplines as well as those with any sort of data, compliance or information security responsibilities.
To make a booking
Attendance is free and only open to charities, memberships, trusts and other non-profit organisations. Complete the online booking form, here
Royal College of Nursing,
20 Cavendish Square,